WHY?
"I hate how they commercialize everything."
"It was a pagan holiday that Christians took over."
"Why wait for a year to celebrate family and friends."
"Christ wasn't born during Christmas time- it was Easter."
All very true. All very good reasons.
However
Should we only "celebrate" our Savior once a year? Should we allow the downfalls of the season- hype, commercialization, the mean people- to dissuade us from celebrating Christ?
One of my most favorite Hymns of Christ is a children hymn.
How could the Father tell the world- of Love and Tenderness?
He Sent His Son a new-born babe- with peace and holiness.
How could the Father show the world- the pathway we should go?
He Sent His Son to walk with Men- on Earth, that we may know.
How could the Father tell the world- of sacrifice- of death?
He Sent His Son to die for us, and rise with living Breath.
What does the Father ask of us? What do the Scriptures say?
Have faith- Have Hope- Live like His Son.
Help others on their way.
What does He ask?
Live like His Son.
I'd never thought of it as a typical Christmas Hymn. But I do think it fits well. It talks of our Savior's birth, life, and death with the reason He came to Earth.
This is my first Christmas with Husband. And I am so excited. This is also my first Christmas where my gratitude for the Atonement, such a driving and saving force in my life, is at the forefront of my mind. It's my first Christmas where I've evaluated life and how I wish to celebrate this season with my own family.. my own children.
I'm growing to love this season for more reasons than just the hustle and bustle.. and for the actual true meaning of Christmas.
My Savior and His Eternal Atonement.

No comments:
Post a Comment