went to another funeral today...
"When you walk thru a storm,
Hold your head up high
And Don't be afraid of the dark,
At the end of the storm is a golden sky
and the sweet silver song of a lark.
Walk on thru the wind
Walk on thr the rain
Tho' your dream be tossed and blown,
Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart,
and you'll never walk alone."
~You'll Never Walk Alone~
This poem was on the back of the program. The first was on my friend's poppy's program. It speaks of hope and truth. It reminds me of the gospel and how as long as we keep looking forward we can see the end of the tunnel. Another thing that they said in the program was:
'I am standing by the seashore.
A ship at my side spreads her white sails to the morning breeze
and starts for the blue ocean.
She is an object of beauty and strength,
and I stand and watch
until at last she hangs like a peck of white cloud
just where the sun and sky come down to mingle with each other.
Then someone at my side says, 'There she goes!
Gone where? Gone from my sight - that is all.
She is just as large in mast and hull and spar
as she was when she left my side
and just as able to bear her load of living freight
to the places of destination.
Her diminished size is in me, not in her.
And just at the moment when someone at my side says,
'There she goes! ' ,
there are other eyes watching her coming,
and other voices ready to take up the glad shout :
'Here she comes!'
With the gospel in my life, it makes it more real to me. It makes the hope of a next life more real. The knowledge that people will be waiting for me on the other side... brings me peace that when I die, I will have someone waiting for me. I will be leaving my loved ones here and go into the next life with people waiting for my return.
My other friend's momma died of breast cancer. The following was on the back of her program
God saw you getting tired
And a cure was not to be
So He put His arms around you
And whispered 'Come with Me.'
With tearful eyes
We watched you suffer
And saw you fade away
Although we loved you dearly
We could not make you stay.
A golden heart stopped beating
Hard working hands at rest
God broke our hearts to prove
He only takes the best.
It's lonesome here without you
We miss you more each day
Life doesn't seem the same
Since you've gone away.
When days are sad and lonely
And everything goes wrong
We seem to hear you whisper
'Cheer up and carry on.'
Each time we see your picture
You seem to smile and say
'Don't cry, I'm in God's keeping
We'll meet again someday.'
This woman was amazing. She was the "cool" mom. The one that we could go and confide in and ask for advice and help. She was more than just Mea's momma. She was the surrogate momma. She has influenced her family for the best.
I have an AMAZING momma... she is my best friend. She is the most generous person I think I've ever known. She serves to no end. I am so happy that she is still around, to guide me and to love me and support me in all that I do.
I don't need anyone's approval. I have the love and support of my Mom. I've known this for as long as I can remember. I have never doubted her love for me. Yeah, we've had our problems and our trials and whatever else.
I really don't know how my friends are able to cope. The parents that my friends have lost, are the parents that they're closer to... I don't know how I would be able to function if my Momma were to die tomorrow. I would fall apart and crumble.
She is my best friend. I have never had anyone that I could confide in and talk with as much as I do with her. I've never understood those people that cannot get along with their momma... I mean in certain circumstances understandable... but I like to say that my momma and I have a great relationship.
I'm glad that I still have her around. I don't hafta worry as much as a few of my friends have had to.
Goodness... funerals are a great time to look back and enjoy the blessings that I do have.
No comments:
Post a Comment