Sunday, November 22, 2009

Totally random and relatively unrelated...


I got a car!

Her name is Cranberry Lou, and she's adorable!  I'll hafta take pictures of her when she's less dirty, but seriously... I <3 her kinda a lot.

I ended up selling Roadrunner (my '95 Honda Civic) to my parents and they put the money into fixing it.  My amazing cousin Trevor fixed him all up and he now has a rebuilt head and should last (hopefully) for a couple more years...

Cranberry Lou came around 'bout 3 weeks ago..and my life has been so crazy since then I haven't had time to breathe really...

I love my life and my friends and even those friends who aren't really friends but are friends because they are friends with my friends and maybe have hopes of becoming my friend.

Today, I am grateful for my parents... their lives and their stories just make me take a step back and realize that if they can go thru their hardships... relatively unscathed, I should be able to go thru mine.


 Today in church,  we were discussing the idea and reasoning behind the phrase...

Knowing God

and the reason we use that particular phrase.

Not believing in God but KNOWING him.  Everyone had their own answers... such as when we know God, we can know of His plan for us.  or... To know God is to know Self.


I heard, very still and very small, and repeated in my head, so I know it was for my benefit, the phrase 


In order for us to Trust God, we must KNOW God.  We do the same thing with the people in our lives.  We get to KNOW them before we trust them.

 
We all do it.  It is in our nature to get to know those people in our lives.  Once we know them, we know how they are.  How they behave and if we are able to trust them.  God is just asking me to get to know Him.  Not necessarily for His benefit of having me back again, but for me to KNOW that I can TRUST Him completely.  

wow!
It just is that ... 


When I know Him, it will be easier for me to have Him in my life.  It will be easier knowing the path that He would have me take.  Just like knowing your earthly parents, you KNOW how they will react to things, and if you have any sort of connection with them at all, you try all the harder *NOT* to disappoint them.  Disappointing those who love us as completely as our parents do, is sometimes the worst punishment that we can endure..  Just imagine that on a grander scale.  because once you KNOW that what you're doing is "wrong" and knowing that He knows that you did it... I can think of no greater punishment... truly 

No comments: