when the world sits just right,
a gentle breath of heaven
fills my soul with delight...
~Hazelmarie ‘Mattie’ Elliott, A Breath of Heaven
Today has been absolutely freakin' fabulous!
Yesterday at work, I got a phone call at prolly the most inconvenient time. It was busy, I was fixing a jammed game, and suddenly my phone was vibrating. I answer it, slightly agitated with slight bitterness in my voice to a pleasant voice asking me if I could meet with the bish tomorrow...
uh...
at 10a
uh...
sure?
I called him back after my shift was over to make sure that it was the correct timing that I had heard.
"Yes tomorrow, at 10a"
So I woke up this morning, grateful for the fasting that I had done and headed into meet with the bishop.
Sitting in the foyer, waiting for the bishopric meeting to be over, I fidgeted and started listening to the testimonies being borne over in the family ward.
Out walks the bishop, shakes my hand and in we go.
We sit down and we discuss my life and how that's going. How is my life going you may ask... it's going somewhere up actually. How am I handling all the issues that we had discussed the last time I had gone in... They're pretty much under control... and we talked about how I had to reject the thing that was poisoning my life and how that hurt but I am in a much better place now.
Then we talked about the repentance process. How there are some things that I have been able to do on my own and how he thought that it was time for me to consider something that I had promised myself to accomplish this time last year... 2 days short of my goal actually.
He has given me hope. He has given me something to help me in my weak moments. And I know that it is because of a specific person that I am where I am now, and how amazed that something that seemed so insignificant became such a blessing and a power in my life.

1 comment:
Cora! I am so happy for you. And if you want to go with me sometime I would LOVE to go with you. You are amazing and we LOVE You for it. You can do so many things when you put your mind to it. You are the sweetest person when you want to be. I am being honest and I just think the world of you. Keep it up and just remember that you are a Daughter of God and you are so loved. OH and only two more days till your birthday!!!
Post a Comment