Saturday, December 4, 2010

"Deep in my heart, I'm concealing things I'm longing to say. Scared to confess what I'm feeling- frightened that you'll slip away." Madonna

I can now honestly say...


My husband is amazing. 


I mean I always knew that.  For reals.  He would hafta be in order to marry a finicky girl like me.  But last night, something happened.  Something intense, terrifying (for me), and very much needed.


Ya see... I'm not perfect.  Nor am I the girl that I portray.  I am a victim of abuse and I never realized how much of that I was holding onto.  I am no longer a struggling victim of abuse... I am surviving, striving, and dammit, I will succeed and not let it control my life and my every thought. Of course, I will be aware of it.  I will constantly hafta work at it.  I'm not saying that it's magically going to be gone for forever without work.  


But now, I have hope that someday, I'll be able to say- full of confidence- that I did not let it beat me.  I am a woman of hope, faith, and love... and I will show that to everyone I meet, and no longer am I a woman of fear, unbelief, and hurt.  I. AM. STRONG. 



No comments: