Friday, June 10, 2011

Then she whispered as she closed the book, "Too beautiful for earth."

Non-viable Pregnancy.

What does that mean, you may ask- lemme tell ya- "generally means that the pregnancy cannot go to term and cannot result in a live baby being born"

That means, that at one time, I was a Momma in training.  Now, it means that my body is destroying and reabsorbing cells and tissues that were once a chance of life.

And I feel empty.  
Relieved and empty.  

The idea behind the relief?  I was terrified of being a Momma. 
Especially since life is throwing curve balls.

But I was really really really excited.  

And now- I feel empty. 


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

:( this makes me sad! I'm so sorry.. i know this feeling exactly. Remind your self how special that child was to not have to walk on this earth, and how special you and Josh are to have been the parents of him/her.

Nancy said...

Oh Cora! I know how hard that is! My first pregnancy was a non viable pregnancy. I was 13 weeks. It sucked. But I can say this from experience. It will get better- and you will be amazed at how many people you know that have had miscarriages too. My Dr. was the best, and LDS. He said that this is natures way of taking care of ourselves. Something was wrong, and we are created in such a way that your amazing body recognized it. It is fairly common, and it IS NOT the way every pregnancy for you will go.

You are strong, and amazing and resilient, even if you don't feel like it right now! Hugs to you sweetie!!

Cora said...

Thanks guys-

I know that it's all right. I had a few blessings that confirmed that I was strong enough for whatever and that my body would heal properly...

I knew that the pregnancy wasn't- what's the word... going to succeed? but I was still hoping and still slightly crushed when it was confirmed..

Thanks for your kind words!