Saturday, August 20, 2011

“Life is a short, warm moment and death is a long cold rest. You get your chance to try in the twinkling of an eye: Eighty years, with luck, or even less.” Pink Floyd

So, Sorry that my last few blogs have been downers instead of happy light and fluffy.

Life's hard sometimes though.

But here I am, one year to the day that I last was a single lady.  This time last year, I was counting down the hours (16 hours and 11 minutes) until I got to be married to my best friend.

One year.

Time has passed at alarming speed.

I think when we are younger- the minutes and days seem to go on forever.
Anxiously waiting to go to kindergarten, 6th grade, Jr High and then High School.

Suddenly, you're on the cusp of graduating from High School at the ripe ol' age of 18 
(or if you're lucky, 17).

The world is open to you.  
The restraint of school, far behind as you embark onto your journey into adult hood.

And you suddenly realize, you're 25, newly married with a whole lot more experience then when you graduated and realizing that you know nothing; and that life- does not slow down.

It speeds up.
Like a coal burning engine locomotive.

Yes. Life goes fast. 
And years pass without much realization.

I sit and write this thinking- when did it get so fast and how do I make it slow down?

No comments: