I should be starting dinner- but I have the most difficult part done, so I figure I can sit and write for a bit before my memories all fade away.
As of today, Baby R is due in 12 days. That is weird. I remember vividly around Christmas time, going to Husband's work party in Provo, driving along and telling him that I was 16 weeks along- which meant I was 4 weeks away from being halfway done, and the look of surprise on his face that followed.
Once I hit 20 weeks, and it was confirmed that he was going to be a boy, I remember thinking that it was weird I was growing a penis. I remember thinking how fast the first 20 weeks had gone. I was looking forward to being in a new semester at school.
Finals hit when i was about 35 weeks along.
Then, Ashlynn got married when I hit 37.5 weeks.
Baby sister Ashlynn is married.
Weird.
It was a stressful day, full of confusion for the family but for them, I'm sure it was only the solidifying of their love for each other that will continue to grow.
It was a stressful weekend because they chose Manti Temple to be sealed together. That's a far drive for a 9 month pregnant woman to do.
And here I am. 38.5 weeks along.
No sooner feeling prepared than the day I found out we were going to be adding to our family of 2. We'll now be a family of 3.
I'm so excited. But as Husband and I were talking, there's this small part of us that is going to miss the "us-ness" of us.
But, God knows where we need to be and we are following Him and His timing. Do we question- sometimes, but I think all of us do. However, the questions have never been, "what are you thinking?" and more along the lines of "How do we do this when we can't even do (insert something here)".
However, my Mom also had a total knee replaced.
That threw a wrench in the plans.
But it will be good. She needed to have it done, I just wish it could be done later. But here we are. And here is where we'll stay until God tells us otherwise.
Life is good. Stressful, but good.
1 comment:
It is good. And your baby is darling. And I think you should post pictures of him on here. And I can't wait to hold him. He is so cute! SO STINKING CUTE!.
Post a Comment