I've figured somethin' out recently... today actually...
kinda happens when I'm alone with my thoughts...
There is possibly one thing worse than having your heart broken. It's breaking it yourself.
Because you know that no matter how much your heart loves him, no matter 'happy' you were with him... he would and could NEVER be the one that you need... or truly want...
Because:
He didn't choose you... he chose the life and desires that only suited him. He didn't want to let go of those things and you weren't more important.
Because:
To be with him, would mean losing the you that you have worked SO hard to regain. It's slipping away as we speak... and you know it. You just hafta hold on... Things will get better tomorrow.
I honestly thought I was over him... over-estimation on my part. And the weird thing is... I knew it would never work... but the feelings of hurt, rejection, love, and annoyance all co-exist... making life just that little bit more difficult.
I'm so much better off without him. But I miss him.
I just need to bandage up my slightly worse-for-wear heart...
I need to embrace what I know to be true.
I need to get back to my happiness, that would radiate off of me, prompting many people to comment on how happy I had been.
I just need to get it back.


2 comments:
It's so true. All of it.
I happen to have experience.
But, just like you said:
"He didn't choose you... he chose the life and desires that only suited him. He didn't want to let go of those things and you weren't more important."
How tragic to go through life like that.
You are far better off without that on your back. Hold on, Dear Heart. There is so much more that this world has to offer than that leech.
Very true. Cora you are amazing. ANd you will get what you want soon and what you need even sooner. You are way stronger then what you give yourself credit for.
Post a Comment