Monday, November 2, 2009

“Love is something far more than desire for sexual intercourse; it is the principal means of escape from the loneliness which afflicts most men and women throughout the greater part of their lives.”


We took family pictures yesterday... Hence the picture freakout!

Let me start by saying... I love my family.  They mean the world to me... even though I drive them absolutely up the wall with my brutal honesty, my expectations that life should be fair, my issues and my insecurity...

But ya know... I'm ok with being single... most days.  The only time that it truly hits me that I'm "all alone" is when we have family functions such as Family Pictures.

The pictures below, is the "single girls" with our parents (who ROCK) 

Does anyone notice how young they are?  Yeah, they're 15... I'll be 24 in 5 weeks (who's counting..)

And even they have each other. 

I got a blessing a while back.  In it, I was promised that a young man was preparing himself for me.  If I would to stay true to myself and not stray too far. 

Within a short time, I had started seeing a guy from my past.  He's broken, more than a little, but, I was hooked.   I knew it was wrong to be with him.  I couldn't get away though.
Finally, we broke up, for good.  While it's the healthy thing, I knew that it had broken any chance of the promise I had received..

Last night, I got a blessing, because I am broken hearted that I was so foolish.  I needed to know, for sure, if that promise was taken from me because I was unable to keep my end of the bargain. 

short and sweet answer: yes.


But, I was promised that I would have another chance.  To not give up hope.

I will get my promises...

I will get my answers....

it might take a while, since ya know, I'm so far from perfect, but

often Hope Christianity The theological virtue defined as the desire and search for a future good, difficult but not impossible to attain with God's help.

And I'll get there... I just need some help along the way.

And it will be worth it when I get there... 

2 comments:

nora.lakehurst said...

Cora you are great. You will get that person you want. You are strong you just need to believe it yourself. Love you and oh BTW LOVE your colors you choose for your blog.

Aubstar said...

Cora,

I'm in the same boat.

I think it's nigh on impossible not to feel a convuluted mixture of sadness, anger, the feeling of being cheated, all the while knowing you are the person who cheated yousrelf, and so on when you find yourself in that situation.

But, I see that you are a fighter, and will take your experiences and infuse yourself with them, strengthen your armor, and move on.

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.